9.16.2015

telephone

It was like she had all her mistakes tatooed upon her forehead.
she couldn't see all the words etched into her skin
but she heard them
the words dug deep by all the boys she didn't mean to kiss

1 too many
2 too many
too many

walking down the hundreds of halls with her head down
doing her best to not trip over their bitter thoughts.
thoughts of people who have only heard of her through the telephone
where one thing lead to another
and "pretty"
evolved into words that sting at the sound

but she keeps walking
she always does
'cause sticks and stones will break your bones
but words will never hurt you

she wore a hat everyday
and he'd wonder why she would

hiding under the brim
covering up her faults like a bad hair day
she'd comb and brush and wash and brush.
dyeing it different colors
dying for a new start
dying, aching, pleading

so she wore a hat

and he saw her everyday
wondering if she knew the beauty she held
oh how graceful she was with every step
careful not to step on others hands

and that moment he saw her
vunerablity climbing up her spine
she removed the burden from upon her head

and all he saw was her eyes,
and they stared at her scars


7 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful and eloquent. seriously, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! I loved this so much and I love your blog and I wish I knew who you were because I feel like we would be best friends. This was so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!! I loved this so much and I love your blog and I wish I knew who you were because I feel like we would be best friends. This was so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're amazing. i relate so much to this

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your writing brings so many feelings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for writing something deep. I love that. Inspiring. THANK YOU.

    ReplyDelete