9.13.2015

my mom told me to never self-diagnose myself


i remeber when you pushed me off,
then the Fall came.
i still remember the bitter chill of the air
and ever since then then i haven't stopped falling
and what's funny is that you think I'm talking about love
but thats where i fell from

I remember how the air got colder and my bed got warmer and seemed to be the only thing that wanted me to stay around for lunch.

and i feel dumb for just talking about some "teen love story" but we all go through it eventually because we've gotta learn how to get our hearts broken some how & i've always wondered why people mostly write poetry about heart break. but I guess it's because the best stories are always behind our scars. 

 now the trees are changing again and the stems are getting weak at the knees
and I've always envied the leaves because at least they hit the ground at somepoint



I got sick with the change of the season
the doctor said it's just a cold
but it feels a lot more like nostolgia



13 comments:

  1. "I guess it's because the best stories are always behind our scars." <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWOWOW. i'm in love with this post

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! I love your posts, keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  4. "because we've gotta learn how to get our hearts broken"

    You're right. You're so right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I've alwys envied the leaves because at least they hit the ground at some point" amen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That second to last stanza.

    And the last line about nostalgia. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. and I've always envied the leaves because at least they hit the ground at somepoint

    Keep your talent up

    ReplyDelete
  9. "but I guess it's because the best stories are always behind our scars. "

    I like you and I really liked this post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was goooooood. Too good. Scary good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "& i've always wondered why people mostly write poetry about heart break."

    they were right.

    this is your best.

    ReplyDelete
  12. stories and nostalgia and scars. so real.

    ReplyDelete