11.30.2015

thank you Paris

i've been thinking of this day for months now and i've been sitting in front of this screen for the past 2 and a half hours and here i am with nothing. 

so i guess i'll just indroduce my self

my name is amber essie tillotson
i've lived in utah my whole life but my heart has been in paris long enough to feel comfortable calling it home
i'm 5'4" and i fell in love when i was 16
my bedroom is filled with dead flowers which is both beautiful and sad
i love to dance & i live for the days where i leave the studio breathing heavily, damp with sweat and my muscles aching, because i know that i gave the music all i've got
i have a different style everyday but that doesn't mean i'm not being myself
i love chai tea & it's my 'senior year' but i still have days where i sit alone in my car for lunch, but i don't mind it sometimes
the first thing i usually do in the morning is go back to sleep
it frusterates me so much when people arnt themselves
it took me until my senior year to find a real group of friends, and they mean a lot to me. i wish i would've met them earlier but they came into my life at a time when i needed real friends the most
i love going on motorcyle rides with my dad and i love that he raised me in that
i'm a firm beliver in writting in journals, the thought of my children or my childrens children being able to read about my life from my perspective is so incredible to me
leftovers freak me out most of the time & i regret most of my summer between freshman and sophmore year
i cried when i read 'dear mom & dad' aloud
i think that love is truly an incredible thing 
i'm terrified of driving through intersections or at night or in general & i rarely ever order eggs from resuraunts
Nettie Luella (Johnson) is my great great great grandmother
i'm thankful for everyone who every read any of my posts or left comments and thank you to those who came back consistantly - thank you
writting has always been sort of theraputic for me, but sharing it has always been so hard, so i thank you for your open minds and open hearts.
and thank you for letting me into your hearts as well

& thank you to Paris for letting me stay a while


13 comments:

  1. This was just beautiful!! I love your blog! It's been one of my favorite ones, your writing is amazing! This reveal was so great, it was so personal and so real and just...wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have been one of my favorites all along and I've been waiting for your reveal. that was beautiful, and so is your blog, and you, and I'm thankful for all of your kind comments on my posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you deserved them, i've always loved your blog

      thakn you thank you

      Delete
  3. This was so perfect. I have really loved your blog and your writing has always spoken to me.
    I share your passion for journalling, I can't wait for my daughter to read mine.
    I loved the part about driving in general and eggs at restaurants and I feel like I know you a little better now.

    Worth the wait. *snaps*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same to you adeline (:

      ps i still love 'same boy' those first two lines still get me

      Delete
  4. amber, it's so nice to meet you. you're so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was lovely. You're extraordinary, Amber. Truly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was a such a great reveal. It flowed so nicely

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for staying in Paris for so long.

    "i love chai tea & it's my 'senior year' but i still have days where i sit alone in my car for lunch," #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey bambi. I love your blog. Always have. Beautiful words my friend. Thanks for sharing them all.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just stalked your blog and you are an incredible writer with important things to say. you should share more at the slam poems.

    ReplyDelete