4.17.2016

OK

This last summer a couple friends and I headed out to go camping down south at the hot pots near Filmore. It was a two hour drive on a road that seemed to never end.

These natural hot springs came into a field in the middle of nowhere, and I've been there plenty of times since then but nothing has been quite like this night.

It was us, the water below & the stars above. The air was clear and crisp. Everything was OK. even when it was silent. The sky was empty, there was no moon. You could see the stars perfectly, and they were beautiful. We'd get excited every time we saw a shooting star. It felt as if we were the only ones on earth at that moment.

You could see down in the water for a couple feet but the rest was pure darkness. I would hold my breath and slowly let my body sink down into what seemed like an oblivian. For a few seconds I felt unbound from any earthly thing. It was just me, floating. Almost as if my body was completely lifeless, my thoughts became more tangible than my body. Life paused for a moment, midnight turned into 3 a.m. & 3 a.m. into 4 and before we knew it we were watching the sun rise over the mountains. The light slowly warming the dew coated grass. Time stood still for us, i felt so in tune with my body but sleep never occurred to me. We didn't party all night, we were never too loud or did anything crazy. We just talked and when we weren't talking it was silent and it was OK. Everything was OK


2 comments: